Monday, July 21, 2014

Biking 15K-50K - Adventure Wednesday July 16th, 2014

"Last" Adventure Wednesday in Calgary ~> Biking 15K - 50K

Oh my, oh my it is already Monday and I haven't had any time to blog about my last Adventure Wednesday. Well actually my week was so busy that we did the Adventure Wednesday on a Saturday. I had some really taff weeks and yet found time to do something fun and active with my friends. I can't even put in words how much these past 3 weeks meant to me. How very grateful I am! I enjoyed every minute of it and can't wait to have more Adventures!

Now let's talk about the lovely bike ride! My friend Michelle and I met up at 8:30 on Saturday morning and decided to just go out and explore! We knew we wanted to try something new & would bike for 15K - 50K. Having no plan keeps it interesting and that's why it is called Adventure.

We biked from Oakridge to Lynwood Ridge then to Quarry Park through Fish Creek Park to Woodlands and back home. In the morning when we left it looked like it would start to rain any minute but instead the weather changed completely and it got hot. We did have rain for like the last 2K I think. I had a fantastic morning! Here are a few photos!


Beaverdam Flats and Michelle organizing lunch - lol - Saskatoon berries


First break after about 13K - Lovely view over Calgary

Having another great day - Adventure!!

What a lovely bike ride I had. Michelle said we would be doing between 15K and 50K and we biked 42.46K in 3:04:34 - Every Adventures with my friend is always full of fun and giggles and great conversations. You are absolutely fantatsic. I am a little sad that I can't go running or biking with you "anymore". Hope to be back in Calgary soon! We need more Adventures together :)


 Last night in Calgary (for now)

Can't wait to go on my next Adventure

1 comment: