Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Stampere Road Race - Sunday - Funday

Stampede Road Race 2014

I went to Calgary for a couple of days and guess what I did? I signed up for the Stampede Road Race July 6th - 10K! What a fun day! My friends Michelle and Jenn and I met at 6:30am and we left the house right after that! 
Look at this beautiful sunrise!

Pre race photo with Michelle & Jenn

Michelle and Jenn signed up for the half marathon which started 7:30am! I had to wait till 8am to start my 10K! Before I write about my race I want to THANK my friends for spending this morning with me! I had a great time! So much fun! Congrats on a awesome race you two and congrats Jenn for PB your first half of the year! We are all amazing! We rock!!

My 10K didn't go as well as I thought it would be! The weather was perfect but the race was challenging! I know I was prepared for this race. I ran and biked the week before a couple of times BUT you never know how you feel on race day! I was a bit stressed in the morning because I didn't sleep well and got up a bit to late! I got ready and didn't have really anything for breakfast (big mistake I know) and rushed over to my friends house! I told myself that everything will be fine! I did feel a bit better the moment I got to the start! I was excited and happy to be part of this race! It was time to do the Stampede Road Race again after a 2 year "break". In my first K I had troubles with my hips and took it easy! After a few K I started to enjoy my run! I rocked my race and finished in 01:06:02! I must say though - It was easier for me to run my half marathon than running these 10K! 

Here are a few photos from Sunday!!

Stampede Road Race 10K/5K

YeeHaw - Michelle & Jenn - I'm a little princess! 


Flying through the race! 


A huge Thank You to all the volunteers! Over 51 marshals, 40 water station attendees, 20+ finish line helpers and all of those who helped at the food area, with registration, package pickup and bag stuffing.  The race was sold out with over 1900 runners and nearly 500 kids participated on Sunday morning! What a fantastic day! I' m soooo very happy I signed up for this race!


Here are the highlights of my last week!

July 1st ~> Canada Day 5K run
July 2nd ~> Divine Dynamic Duo Diva Duathlon - Just for fun!! Run3K - Bike12K -Run2K
July 3rd ~> rest day
July 4th ~> 33.86 km Cycle Ride in 02:30:31 Calgary - Chestermere - Calgary
July 5th ~> Volunteering - Stampede Road Race Pkg. Pickup 
July 6th ~> Stampede Road Race 10K


Tomorrow's Adventure Wednesday will be a bit different ~> 3-part-3-day Duathlon!
Bike 15Km on Wed - Run 12Km on Thurs - Bike 50Km on Fri

No comments:

Post a Comment